Sweet Potato & Snap Pea Mac and Cheese
This tasty healthy vegan mac and cheese dish is great for a quick no-fuss dinner, as a side, a quick cure for the munchies, or to impress your friends with a plant-based option at a potluck!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups shell pasta of choice
- 2 cups snap peas
- Roast sweet potato at 425 for 50-60 mins or until tender (Make sure to poke holes with a fork in your potato before it goes in the oven.)
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions, saving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water to thin sauce later on. Add sliced snap peas to boiling water in final three minutes of boiling.
- Remove the skin from your cooked sweet potato and add the flesh into your high speed blender, then add all your remaining ingredients except for the shell pasta and snap peas. Blend until smooth.
- Add shell pasta back to pot and mix in 3/4 of the sauce, heat over medium high heat until hot. (Add pasta cooking water to thin as desired.)
- To serve top with NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze