Broccoli Soup with Roasted Chickpeas
Did you know that the word broccoli comes from the Italian plural of broccolo, which means "the flowering crest of a cabbage", and is the diminutive form of brocco, meaning "small nail" or "sprout". Fun fact, Broccoli resembles cauliflower, which is a different cultivar group of the same Brassica species. In 2017, China and India combined produced 73% of the world's broccoli and cauliflower crops.
Healthy, delicious, and plant-based - this Broccoli Soup with NOOCH IT! Chickpeas is easy to make and yummy any time of year.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 1/2 cups of boiled broccoli water or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup coconut milk full fat
- 6 tbsp UPrise Foods NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp salt (If using vegetable broth adjust salt to your taste)
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp UPrise Foods NOOCH IT! (Add more if you’d like it cheesier!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients above and place on a parchment lined pan. 2. Bake at 375 for 10 mins flip and bake for 5-10 mins more (Or until golden and tender)
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling water until soft 5-7 minutes
- Add frozen peas in the last minute. Save 2 1/2 cups of the boiling cooking water, then drain.
- Add cooked broccoli, peas, cooking water, coconut milk, NOOCH IT!, and salt to a high speed blender, blend until smooth.
- Reheat the soup in a large pot until hot and ladle soup into bowls
- Top with roasted chickpeas, serve immediately.
This healthy cheesy recipe only takes 30 minutes to whip up and is a great way to get your veggies and still feel like your eating comfort food. Bon appétit!