Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Bruschetta has a history dating back to ancient Rome, when olive growers would bring their olives to a local olive press and taste a sample of their freshly pressed oil using a slice of bread.
This simple yet robust vegan Cherry Tomato Bruschetta is deliciously cheesy and easy to make.
- 1 large baguette or French bread sliced
- 6 cups grape tomatoes diced (approx. 32oz)
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- Mix diced tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt, let sit for 10-15 mins.
- Drain excess liquid (Save 2 tbsps to add back into your tomato mixture).
- Add NOOCH IT!, sliced basil and the 2 tbsps of the saved liquid.
- Mix until combined and serve immediately with toasted baguette slices, extra NOOCH IT!, fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- To toast the baguette, slice bread and put on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and broil for 2-4 mins (or until golden brown).
Served as a snack, appetizer, or with a meal, this bruschetta is a crowd pleaser! Bon appétit!