Cheezy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes & NOOCH IT! Vegan Gravy - this recipe is a 2 for 1 combo that has you covered for the holidays or any occasion!
- 8 medium yellow potatoes (2 1/2 lbs) peeled & cubed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 cup melted plant-based butter
- 1/3 cup diced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cup vegetable broth
Cheezy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- To roast your head of garlic, cut the top off the head of garlic to expose the cloves and drizzle with a couple tsp of olive oil, wrap in foil and bake at 400F for 40 mins or until cloves are soft and brown.
- Add your peeled and cubed potatoes to a large pot and cover with water, add 1/2 tbsp salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 mins or until tender.
- Drain your potatoes and place back into the hot pot, using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until they are smooth or to your texture preference.
- Add in butter, non-dairy milk, NOOCH IT!, salt and roasted garlic cloves. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Garnish with green onions, chives, or parsley optional.
- Sauté the butter, shallot, garlic until clear – medium heat
- Add Flour, NOOCH IT! and soy sauce stir with whisk to thicken
- Slowly stir in vegetable broth to thick over about 5 minutes
This holiday recipe might just become a regular addition to your weekly recipe list! Serve hot, sit back, and enjoy the amazing taste of plant-based cooking!