Creamy Pasta with Butternut Squash
Did you know that butternut squash is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium; and vitamin A?
This easy to make pasta dish is creamy and rich, healthy, and deliciously vegan all in one recipe and even has our fair trade NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze!
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 large handfuls of your favorite leafy greens (Spinach, pea shoots, kale, or greens of your choice)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweet coconut milk
- 1/4 cup NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups of leftover roasted squash
- Heat vegan butter over medium high heat, then add minced garlic and cook until fragrant 1-2 mins.
- Stir in flour, cook for 1-2 mins, then whisk in coconut milk, NOOCH IT!, and salt. Keep whisking to remove any lumps until smooth.
- Bring the cream sauce to a boil and cook for 2 mins or until the sauce thickens.
- Taste and season with more salt as preferred.
- Add cooked pasta, leafy greens, and leftover squash. Mix, and cook over medium heat until mixture is evenly heated.
Serve immediately topped with NOOCH IT!, and fresh ground black pepper and enjoy this savory fall dish. Bon appétit!