No Bake Sweet & Salty Granola Bars
These plant-based Sweet & Salty Granola Bars with our organic and fair trade NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze are easy to make and will sweeten up your day!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped
- 1/3 cup UPrise Food’s NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 flax “egg” (egg substitute) prepared (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp hot water from tap, mix together and let stand for 10 mins to thicken)
- 1/3 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate + extra for drizzling
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper overhang
- Add oats, rice krispies, pumpkin seeds, cashews, NOOCH IT!, and salt in large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and vegan butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix and then microwave for another 30-40 seconds until mixture is well combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture and prepared flax egg to your dry ingredient bowl and mix to combine.
- Let cool for 10 mins then add chopped chocolate and mix well until combined.
- Pour the granola mixture into your lined pan and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to firm up 1 hour – overnight is best or until granola has hardened.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate (In a small bowl microwave 1/4 chopped chocolate for 1 min or until melted)
Let cool then cut into squares or serve crumbled as a quick on the go snack. You can store these yummy bars in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for 1 month. Bon appétit!