Plant Cheese Nachos
This cheesy nacho recipe is a vegan twist on classic nachos using our NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze, and sure to be a hit at your next gathering or Taco Tuesday!
Fun Fact: Ignacio "El Nacho" Anaya is credited for creating the dish in 1940; the original nachos consisted of fried corn tortilla chips covered with melted cheese and sliced jalapeños.
- 2 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium pot add your diced potatoes and carrots, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender, approx 15-20 minutes. (Cooking time will depend on the size that you cut your potatoes and carrots.)
- Drain and then add to your blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast, NOOCH IT!, mustard, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder, salt & water to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (Thinning with extra water as needed, a tablespoon at a time)
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your desire.
Serve hot on top of your favorite tortilla chips and toppings of your choice. Pictured here- crumbled vegan Italian sausage, tomatoes, avocado, radish, green onion, cilantro, & NOOCH IT!. Enjoy!