Vegan Potato Deviled Eggs
The term "deviled", in reference to food, was in use in the 18th century, with the first known print reference appearing in 1786. In the 19th century, it came to be used most often with spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper or other ingredients stuffed in the yolk cavity.
A veganized twist on a classic fun side dish or appetizer, you'll love these Vegan Potato Deviled Eggs made with simple clean ingredients.
- 12 fingerling potatoes (Or other small potatoes of your choice)
- 175 grams (6 ounces) extra firm tofu drained (Approx. 1 ½ cups cubed)
- 6 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Chopped chives
- Place whole potatoes into a large pot, add enough water to fully cover potatoes + at least one more inch. Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes for 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cool water.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise.
- Scoop a little of the potato center out and discard or save for another use.
- Add tofu, mayo, NOOCH IT!, dijon mustard, vinegar, turmeric and black salt to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste, add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon or pipe your potato mixture into your potato halves.
- Garnish with smoked paprika, finely chopped chives and/or NOOCH IT!
- Cover with saran wrap and place in fridge until ready to serve.
Delicious as an appetizer, a side, or a fun snack, bon appétit!