Vegan Sausage Lentil Rolls
These amazing Vegan Sausage Lentil are easy to make and will please any crowd at your next party.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet thawed
- 3/4 cup canned cooked lentils (mashed with a fork leaving some whole lentils is fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 7 oz mushrooms finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mix with 3 tbsp warm water let sit for 5 mins)
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- Sesame seeds for decorating optional
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Heat large fry pan over medium high heat with olive oil, once your pan is hot add your onion and cook until translucent about 5 mins.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, thyme and salt. Cook for 7-10 mins or until all the mushroom liquid has evaporated and mixture looks dry.
- Add balsamic vinegar, cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 1 min.
- Turn off heat and add the mashed lentils, frozen peas, frozen corn, ketchup, soy sauce, nooch it, flax egg, and panko crumbs. Mix well to combine and let cool, to speed that process up you can place this mixture in the fridge until your ready to form your sausage rolls.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut in half, the long way.
- Add your lentil mixture to the centre of one of the pastry sheets and then fold the pastry over the lentil mixture.
- Using a fork to press pastry layers together to seal. Repeat these steps with the other half of the puff pastry.
- You will have leftover lentil mixture that you can enjoy by itself or save for another use.
- Using a sharp knife, Cut into bite size pieces and place on prepared baking try.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
Serve with ketchup, spicy mayo, or sauce of your choice and enjoy with friends, family or all by yourself!