Vegan Meatball Subs
If you're looking for a vegan meatball sub recipe, look no further. UPrise Food's has you covered with these delicious meatballs!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- One can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mix with 3 tbsp warm water let sit for 5 mins)
- 5-6 tbsp NOOCH IT! Cashew Grated Cheeze
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce + extra for serving
- 3-4 sub buns (Depends how big you roll your meatballs)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Half yellow pepper, sliced
- Half green pepper, sliced
- Half yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
Stir Fried Peppers
- In a large pan, add olive oil, heat over medium high heat, once your pan is hot add your peppers, and onions, salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown about 6-8 mins.
- Start by making your flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp warm water, let sit until ready to use.
- In a medium pan heat olive oil over medium high heat, when hot add your onion and cook for about 4 mins or until soft.
- Add your minced garlic and cook for 1 – 2 mins more. Remove from heat.
- In the bowl of your food processor add your cooked onions/garlic, black beans, rolled oats, ketchup, parsley, flax egg, NOOCH IT! and salt.
- Pulse until the mixture is blended and everything is combined, scraping down sides. The mixture is done when you can see that your rolled oats are evenly mixed but there is still texture left. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using slightly wet hands, Roll into meatball size using a small ice cream scoop or spoon. Place in the fridge for 15 mins to firm.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium high heat, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and fry your meat balls for 6-8 mins flipping halfway through or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat add marinara sauce and cook until bubbly and hot.
Serve on a toasted bun with, stir fried peppers & onions, basil, extra marinara, red pepper flakes, and NOOCH IT!